I know I haven't updated forever!! lol Things got busy at work, and then two weeks ago, my fiancée's brother died. That's been rough for all of us, especially Mike. Him and Dave were so close. And in 2004, Mike's sister died. He's the only child left now. It's heartbreaking. But that's one reason I haven't posted recently.
Today, Me and Mike went with his parents and Missy (Mike's brothers ex gf and baby momma) and Jillian, Mike's niece (Dave's daughter - she just turned 3) to a local ski resort for breakfast. Mike's parents go there, apparently, almost every weekend. So we all left around 8:15am and got there around 9:30. It was pretty cool. I've never been to a ski resort before. The breakfast buffet was delicious!! No wonder his parents go so often! lol. Then we were just wandering around. We find a game room, that Jillian loved. So we hung out there for a while, then went outside and were watching the skiers and snowboarders. Jillian wanted to do it so bad! lol. Mike's parents went to see about maybe getting her private lessons. She's going to be so spoiled, since she's the only thing left of Dave, pretty much. She's so adorable. But yeah, after being outside for a bit, we went into the lodge and got hot chocolate and coffee and watched the skiers and snowboarders from inside. It was just a nice time. :) Something fun we all needed to do in the aftermath of all the sadness. But it did hurt, not having Dave there with us. We were all suppose to do this the weekend that Dave died. So that reminder was definitely in the backs of everyone's mind.
After we left there, we went back to Mike's parent's house and just watched movies the rest of the afternoon. All of them were Jillian's type of movies. lol. I love her so much. She's so cute!! I guess she's talking a lot more now. I wasn't around her too often, there was drama between Missy and Mike's parents, but since Dave died, Missy and Jillian are over his parents house pretty often. But yeah, everyone said that she's been talking a lot more recently. And its so cute. She gets so excited watching movies or even when "Uncle Micheal" walks into the room. My heart breaks for her though, she'll most likely never remember Dave. And won't be able to ever know him. gah. So sad.
But yeah. That was our fun day. :) I'm glad we all had a great time. Like I said, it was something we needed. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment